There isn't much that is more satisfying than sewing yourself a quick shirt. The Julia from Compagnie M is a perfect pattern for such quick satisfaction. I do have a small personal issue with this pattern though. Due to the big pattern piece (and therefore very quick sew) you need 1.25 meter of fabric.
Every time I have sewn this
pattern I find myself battling that fabric requirement. Re-positioning
my pattern piece over and over again because I still have not given up
cutting the sweater from one meter of main fabric. This urge is created
by the abundance of one meter coupons in my closet.
I almost lost the battle. I had made a strategy and started cutting but
around the end I realized that I cut two right front arms! I suppose you can
imagine my despair. The original plan was to have one diagonal wide
petrol line on the front, but that was not going to work out now. Did I
just ruin the whole plan, how could I ever solve it?
the Fold collection from Made it designs came to mind and I decided to
"cut" my losses and just go with it. I pieced a correct front left side
together by adding another piece of petrol and just sewed it up.
Although I feel my other solution for using one meter is better, I do
not think it is a total loss. I am a brave person anyway, so I will wear
it confidently outside.
The main bird fabric is from
Lillestoff and I bought it "long" ago from Joyfits. The petrol fabric is
also from Lillestoff, but it is not an organic one. I bought it
directly from Lillestoff at an dazling 4 euro per meter (that first
Julia also contained this fabric). The petrol fabric is thinner than the
jersey I usually use, so my usually lucky guess for the neckline piece
didn't work out. The neckline is a bit wrinkled now, but I think it will
become better after washing it a few times.
I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a
comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have
to assist me if you choose something different than English, German,
Dutch or Hungarian).