Saturday, January 20, 2018

Flora Dress



You know that I prefer knit over woven and you know that I have taken a step back from testing, but sometimes you have to make an exception to all your rules. Today's dress is the result on such an exception. When Elegance and Elephants posted their testing call last year, I just had to apply. The color block on the front, the no-closure fit and puff sleeves made me lose all reason.



The Flora has three color block options, three sleeve lengths and is available in dress and tunic length, making the dress perfect for any season or event. Due to the low back scoop there is no zipper needed to get the dress over your daughter's head. The puff sleeves are adorable and make dressing in this no-closure dress easier (more room to get the arms in the sleeves).



I am not a 100% satisfied with my combination of fabrics for this dress. I took the main fabric from the "free for all" pile from our latest sewing weekend. The daughter of Sabrina went from a color addiction to a black and white lover and this cute dark pink flower fabric had to go. My pink lover was of course over the moon with this fabric and she was happy with any other pink addition. For me the contrast with the bodice color (Cloud 9 fabric) turned out a bit off. My daughter obviously loves the entire thing, so I do not really mind. The next one will be in one fabric, the pretty examples of the listing easily convinced me of that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment