The table cloth was covered in beautifully embroidered flowers and I wanted to put as much of them in the dress. Due to the non-circular embroidery pattern (the corners were true corners) I could not cut a circle skirt. The not so obvious optimal cutting schedule was the reason the table cloth was not turned into a dress immediately. After much thought I opted for a skirt in six pieces and a horizontally split front bodice. The bodice part and sleeves are again from the book Doe Het Zelvers 2.
After I cut all the pieces I spend a few hours on removing the embroidery thread of flowers that were cut in half. I wanted to only have whole flowers to create the illusion that the embroidery pattern was designed to fit the dress. Although taking out the extra flowers and leaves took quite some time it was nothing compared to how much time must have gone into embroidering the table cloth in the first place.
I made button closure in the back, this way my daughter can dress herself. While cutting the dress I first had planned a blind zipper. Due to my blind zipper plans I chose two separate flower patterns for the back.
My daughter loved the dress (every time I make her a new dress she claims that it is the prettiest dress ever) and immediately wore it to the restaurant we went this evening. She got several complements which made her radiate even more.
I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).