If you are a bit like me, you do not see three views, but you at least also see the possibility to make either a long or a short six panel skirt (depending on which layer you make, the upper layer is slightly wider than the lower layer) and you can of course create more rushed panels. I immediately thought Disney princess ball gowns. Imagine using a nice see through upper layer and rushing all six panels, your daughter will feel like a princess for sure.
The main fabric I used for the skirt is from Cloud 9 and the green is from Soft cactus. The pattern includes (optional) pockets, so if you do not have a pocket fetish like me because you haven't experienced how easy it is to add pockets to everything, this is a perfect pattern to teach you how to make them. With the code DYYNILAUNCH25 you can get a 25% discount on both her patterns in Pienkels Etsy store. In case you are wondering (like me) what the names of those patterns mean, DYYNI means "dune", Pienkel lives an an Island consisting of mostly that, so I see why she picked that name (and the rushed part might have inspired it). HIEKKA, her previous pattern's name means "sand" (no further explanation on inspiration needed there as well).
Instead of going for multiple types of skirts, this time I sewed an entire out fit this time. Like I mentioned here, I got jealous seeing matching fall outfits. As I understand it , layering is the thing to do when the weather becomes cooler (I am a strange one myself, I just wear 3/4 sleeves whole year round and never get really cold). A few weeks ago the Jukebox hit collection was released. I love the idea of the pattern. It is one pattern set for a bolero, two shirts, two knee length dresses and a maxi dress. The manual is packed with hacking ideas and pattern mixes and the designer herself made even more hacks (on this Facebook page). I loved the idea and bought it on a 25% release sale (there is a 15% discount code on the Facebook group page). I made this reversible bolero with it. Due to the fact that I used two thick fabrics, the cute back pleat isn't really visible. I twisted a cord of a few strings of cotton to close the bolero.
The shirt my daughter is wearing is the third Billie I mentioned here. In my previous post I already mentioned a few misses I made with the pattern. Well, here is another. I was arrogant, thinking that my daughter would probably need a bit tighter shirt, her being a girl and the Billie being a boy pattern. Wrong, the pattern is unisex and like I mentioned last time, Zonen09 already has a nice tight fit. Just make the size the size table prescribes. My son and daughter have a bit more than a centimeter difference on the chest, but I assumed that she would fit in his shirt fine, so I just cut another shirt 116 (and lengthend it slightly). This shirt was actually the first one I sewed and the problem I mentioned with knits not being as stretchy as rib knit (which is prescribed in the pattern so this is all my fault) led to a very tight waist band. I omitted the wrist bands (my daughter would not have been able to put her hands through it), resulting in 3/4 sleeves. For the photo the shirt was fine, but my middle daughter will get to enjoy the shirt.
My eldest daughter was extra sad she will not wear the shirt because she actually choose and peeled the butterfly application. She did it already a few months ago, but I never came around to sewing a plain shirt. The butterfly is silver colored and it was hard to make a good picture from it because it is reflecting light.
Last but not least I happy to announce the winner of the give away, MARJOLEIN (in case more participated, this is the fabric she preferred most) has won it. Please contact me about how to get your prize.
I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).