After pulling the leaves fabric, that I used for this project, from the bottom of a pile, I really felt the urge to sew up something else with it. Two weeks ago I received a Lili pattern on paper as a reward for testing it, so I decided to make another Lili, one with long sleeves this time. The sleeves make the dress a true allrounder.
I decided to omit the official collar, but to add
an interesting twist, I added a smaller collar. The collar is self
drawn. I didn't put any stabilizer in the collar and this way the collar fits
over her head without a zipper or button closure. It would have looked
nicer if I would have ironed the collar, but it is Kids Clothes Week so I was in a hurry to take pictures.
Like with the second Lili dress, I made box pleats instead of folding the pleats to one side. The
sleeves fit perfectly. What I find intriguing about this pattern, the
front isn't a copy of the back (with a different neckline). The
shoulders and armholes really have a different shape, which is not usual
for knit patterns. This already shows in the sleeve pattern, the sleeve head
is far from symmetrical.
This is my last KCW week entry for this
season. I have some tests on my table, so although they are kid's
stuff, I can not show them yet.
*** added bonus, this is a perfect garment for the "Climate Change" prompt on Top Stitchers***
I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free
to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google
translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than
English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).