Monday, September 15, 2014
Sewing on skirts
Okay after breathing in very deeply a few times I put one of the bodies on an existing one and saw that the total length should at least be enough for now. I was planning on making bodies that would be good for a few months but at least they would fit now. I started putting on snaps and was confronted with a next problem.
I managed to not throw them all out (although the 8 snaps that staid on came off again). After sharing my disaster project with my niece she suggested to just cut them to shirts. I light bulb went on in my head and I remembered something I pinned a while back.
I used my newly acquired trick of putting on a skirt to safe a friends daughters shirt. The friend wanted to donate the shirt (because it had become to shirt) to my daughter and mentioned her daughter loved the shirt. I decided to try the trick again and combined it with a skirt that was also on the "put away"pile.