Saturday, July 13, 2019

Mix and match with the Risu



Last month, the Risu dress pattern released. During the release post, I showed you the two straight Risu's that I sewed. The Risu has the same waist as the Solis, Montis, Litore etc. This opens up all kind of mix and match options. In this post I am showing you the dresses that I sewed for a wedding that we had in June.



Let's start off with twirl. For the dress of our youngest I combined the Risu bodice with the Solis full circle skirt. The Hilco fabric that I bought on sale at Joyfits was the perfect match for the circle skirt. The picture is printed two ways on the fabric and this worked very well with a circle skirt that turns  images on the side of the skirt sideways. I put one of the images central on the front and am super excited about the whole look of this dress.




Our eldest got an Art gallery fabric from Joyfits, blue is her favorite color. I made her a size 12 on the child chart. I first made this flower dress and after that I realized that I might have to move to the women chart. The dress still fits perfectly, that is why I love sewing with jersey, but taking her developing body into account is better for the long term. After I sewed this flower dress I therefore sewed these much earlier posted teen dresses.




2 comments:

  1. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    one piece swimsuits uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mix and Match dresses are good but can also find the great collections in https://www.cbazaar.com/women/clothing/women-mix-and-match

    ReplyDelete