I bought 2 yards to make my eldest a dress. I used my newly acquired Stof Voor Durf het Zelvers 2 and mixed and matched myself a great dress. I chose a bodice with small collar, long sleeves and a gathered skirt. Griet's (author of the books) daughters are probably of a similar build as my kids, because (I almost did not believe it) I had to use sizes that were similar to her length. Based on my daughter's measurements and the measurements table I made a dress from sizes varying between 104 and 116 (For Ottobre patterns I usually have to cut a width of 92) and the dress fits perfectly.
Getting ready for the spinning test.
Spinning out of the frame.
I still had a big pile of fabric left after cutting the dress. My son, as usual looked a bit jealous at the girly fabric, and I decided to cut my son a shirt from it too. The pattern is from the same book. The pattern combines woven cotton with jersey. Only a small piece of woven cotton is needed and I cut the boy from the border to make it less girly. I used T3 transparent snaps on the shoulders, to keep the focus on the fabric. It would have been better if I would have cut a size 110 instead of 104, but this way my middle daughter will be able to enjoy the shirt soon.
I can also (almost) see it mommy!
I again linkup this post to both the Sew and Show and Project Run and Play Christmas sewing link ups.
Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).