With the blog tour still going on, you have probably all seen that Compagnie M has launched a new pattern, the Julia sweater for women. I have made two child Julias already and when I heard Marte was preparing the women's version, I knew I would buy it immediately.
have loved the collar version from the time I saw the child pattern but I
somehow did not make that one. I thought it was too girly for a boy and
on my foxy sweater it would have been too much distraction. I therefore
decided I was going to make the collar version for my own
I used two fabrics from my stash. The floral I
bought very cheaply at fabric.com. It is a tissue knit, a bit
see-through and not very stretchy. The solid greenish fabric is a women
fabric from Lillestof. Both fabrics only have horizontal stretch.
Following Marte's advice I turned the fabric for the sleeves to optimize
My body did not fit the measurement table, My
bust prescribed a size 44 the rest of my body a 40. I chose to adapt the
pattern a bit. For the back I cut a size 40 for both the sleeves and the
middle piece. For the front middle bust part I drew a size 44 but
switched (with a smooth line) to 40 below the breast part. Because of
the adaption to the middle part, I also had to adapt the front sleeves.
the first fit I decided to take away some fabric under the arms, due to
the flimsy fabric I looked a bit too much like a bat. The flimsy fabric
also left the collar (on which I should have ironed on stabilizer of
course, but didn't) far from perfect. After I fixated the collar with
transparent thread I was very satisfied with the sweater.
time (yes I will definitely make another one) I will sew the sweater
from good fabric, but until then I love my flimsy version.
Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google
translate might have to assist me if you choose something different
than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).