Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Eryn's dress release



At the beginning of last year, I came across the Lieveke en zus blog in a Project Run and Play link up. Ann likes to hack patterns and she has great taste, so I have not missed one of her posts since. Two weeks ago she released her first pattern, Eryn's dress. It is a versatile summer dress and I sewed up two versions.



The pattern has two skirt types, two strap types and an optional bow. Pockets are included (yeh!), as well as an asymmetrical button placket and bicolor straps. I tested both strap options, and although I did not expect it, the dresses have a very different back view and I love them both. Both dresses got the big skirt, I know what makes my girls happy.


My middle daughter was not in a posing mood around the time of the first shoot. She somehow forced a non-frowning face, but her pulling down the dress which kind a ruined all front shots. Today we tried again. The sun turned her into a happy camper, so she actually loved the shoot. I hope I will be able to capture that smile more often this summer.


The white fabric is from an unknown designer (I am desperately trying to sew with long forgotten pieces of fabric to create space for new gems), the blue one from Cloud9. I used the same fabric for this dress. The contrasting pockets were made with scrap fabric. People often tell me that I have an unconventional fabric choice, this time I even went a bit further than I usually do. I really love the effect though.



Many people wanted to be part of the tester team and I believe that over fifty people were in our tester group. This also resulted in some hacks, here you can find one with a cool front detail, and she adjusted the back. I have a jersey version cut out, but a flu attack ruined my planning. In the end I ended up with so many cute shots of these dresses, that it might be for the best that my third version isn't finished yet.



The dress is available in four sizes between 2 years and 10 years and is available on the Lieveke en zus shop. For now the pattern is only in Dutch, but seeing Ann's global mindset, she might come with a translation. Talking about Dutch, did you notice the small button on the top of this post? I am planning to write multi language blog from now on. Blogloving kind a ruins my perfect layout idea by not hiding either the Dutch or the English, so I hope I will come up with a solution to that soon.


I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).

10 comments:

  1. Wat zijn het toch prinsesjes! Beide heel mooie versies! Mijn voorkeur gaat toch naar schouderbandjes voor kleine meisjes, maar da's waarschijnlijk omdat ik zelf niet graag een halter heb. Wanneer komt jouw hack van dit patroon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuke jurkjes! Tot nu toe nog niet heel erg enthousiast over de creaties die langskwamen vh patroon..maar bij jou komen de jurkjes mooi uit bij de dames :)
    En fijn dat t nu ook in t NL is, dan ga ik het ook lezen ipv enkel foto´s kijken ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, benieuwd wat je van de tekst gaat vinden.

      Delete
  3. Super mooi! En ik ben blij dat je ook in het Nederlands blogt. (luie lezer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het is tot nu toe veel extra werkt, maar hopelijk krijg ik er snel handigheid in :)

      Delete
  4. Ik vind de jurkjes in bloemetjesstofjes heel goed tot hun recht komen. En ik ben zeer benieuwd naar je tricot versie trouwens! Ongetwijfeld in een gesmaakt Inspinration sausje šŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heel leuke jurkjes! Wat ben ik toch bij elke post opnieuw nieuwsgierig naar welke schatten jij nog allemaal in je stoffenkast hebt liggen :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ook! Elke keer vind ik weer wat anders wat ik vergeten was.

      Delete