Monday, July 25, 2016

Charlotte dress



The saying: "a picture can say more than a thousand words" is very applicable to the pattern that I am showing you today. I can make a list of all the features of the pattern, but this first picture kind a knocks it out of the park already. Charlotte*, the new dress and tunic pattern from Bella Sunshine* has a stunning backside that is perfect for the weather that we are experiencing the Netherlands right now.



Because this is a blog post and not Instagram, I will of course also tell you something besides showing you pictures. The pattern comes in two lengths and I made (as usual) the dress length. It is stunning as a top/tunic as well though, just check out all the beautiful tester pics in the pattern's gallery*. Due to my daughter's skinny posture I had to blend sizes. The pattern contains very clear instructions on how to blend those curves, so even an beginner can totally do it. The end result looks great, she immediately wanted to wear it and (spilled toothpaste on it, but after its first wash) she immediately got several complements.



Full disclosure, like in an average fashion magazine, we slightly cheated with the first picture. On the detailed back picture she is slightly pulling the fabric on the front, to create a perfect fitting back. In the other pictures, when she is moving, you can see that she has a very little gape on the back. It still looks super pretty, but I wanted to make sure you will not be breaking your head about it later once you buy and sew the pattern and wonder how my girl could sit down. I advice to put the bodice on your girl while she is sitting and determine the optimal snap/button position from there. You do not have to cut a different size, just play with the closure position. In my experience is the chest the largest while sitting and smallest while standing up straight.



The fabrics are a lovely combination of leftovers. The turquoise were the leftover from when I re-cut a  muslin (in my size) to make this top (also from Bella Sunshine). The other fabric was the leftover from this dress. I think, I actually used more on this skirt than for the original project though, but the leftover amount as almost exactly right. I do not often use two different fabrics for the bodice and skirt part, but I think I should do it more often, I love the look. In case you are wondering if me covered the forest floor in confetti, we did not. People before us did, and although I feel a bit of anger towards the people that felt they could just leave it there, we did quickly use the scene for pics.


The pattern *was released one week ago and today is actually the last day of sale. You might have noticed I had a few other blog deadlines last week, so I have a crazy high blog post density at the moment. I am showing you this one, so closely to the others because I want you to have the possibility to buy the pattern during the sale period. Today is the last day of the 5 dollar release sale in the web shop*.


Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian). If you buy anything through my affiliate links (*), I get a small commission (the price stays the same for you), I am very grateful for everything that feeds my fabric addiction.

8 comments:

  1. Het is weer een prachtige creatie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alweer een pareltje, zowel het patroon als de stofkeuze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weerom schitterend mooi! Ik was inderdaad al verkocht bij de eerste foto :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel toffe jurk met die rug! En een perfecte combinatie van stofjes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a pretty dress!! That back is awesome!

    ReplyDelete