Thursday, June 20, 2013

Gum drops fail

The first time I saw a "nailed it" post on Pinterest I laughed my ass of. It was the reason to start a humour board. It picture in question contained a muffin that I was actually planning to make!
I can totally get why people post their fails because, well sometimes you just need to be able to laugh about your frustration or else you will cry. I had such an experience when making gum drops!
Look at that picture how jummie do they ought to look. Imagine making them with fresh fruits juices (that is what I imagined) not containing the E numbers from the store. I even thought that it would be a great project to do with the kids. Making your own sweets how fun would that be...These are mine:

I even tried it three times (I really wanted them to work) with different recipes and procedures, but the gelatin always melted when combined with the sugar. If anyone could tell me what I did wrong it would be very happy. I simply assumed that dutch gelatin works differently than the US kin

No comments:

Post a Comment