Monday, June 3, 2013

Wrapping up pregnancy/ crochet project

When you mention crocheting many people think of granny squares. Colorful yarn blankets using up left over yarn. I also had seen some granny square projects and wanted to try it. The fun thing about grannys quares is that you whip one of them up relatively quickly. You can use them as a coaster, sew a few together as a scarf or bag. The possibilities are endless but somehow after making a few squares the endless list of possibilities could not motivate me as much.

When my due date became closer I felt the urge to create something for our new family member.
I considered knitting some clothes but decided against it. I had knitted a sweater for my son, but he never really wore it. Our babies double as lamas and drool/spit/vomit all over their clothes all the time. The drooling/spitting/vomiting behavior stopped me from putting on the sweater that took me hours to make.


Enter my unfinished granny squares. Within one and a half week I created enough squares to make up a nice baby blanket. The spitting/drooling/vomiting is usually done on the sheets under the head and not on the blankets. Now I have the perfect thing to cover my new born with love :).

And "yes" if you might be wondering if that gray blob in the right is belly. Usually when making pictures with my phone of projects on the floor or table my feet appear in the picture. I did not notice immediately but when I did I thought is was extra funny and kept it like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment