Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fawn Lily plus bonus jersey dress

The fawn lily dress was calling to me for a few months but I still had many other projects that I was planning to make (and already owned the pattern of). Then somehow the idea was born that I would sew two dresses for the twin daughter of a colleague.

Her twins are just a bit bigger than my eldest and I regularly receive great cloths and shoes (my daughter actually asked me the other day why daddies colleagues do not give her dresses). As a thank you I decided to make each of the twins a jersey dress and they were allowed to pick the fabric. One of the twins somehow managed to pick the one quilting cotton fabric that Lillestoff has (out of over 100 jersey fabrics) which is why I had to come up with a cotton pattern.



The Fawn Lily intrigued me because the dress does not have zipper. My daughter complained about the cotton dresses I made her in the past that they are hard to change out or into at school when they have gym. I showed some pictures to my colleague and she liked the dress. I happily bought the pattern and made two dresses. The pink one is actually for my eldest daughter but she was not home to model and my two year old was happy to fill in.

 The second twin received a planned jersey dress. adjusted an Ottobre pattern to resemble the design from a dress my colleague had seen in the store. I like the idea of the strings that have to be tight at the back (especially because my kids are skinny). This dress pattern goes on my to do pile, lets hope not another great new pattern surfaces (I am just kidding, I am always hoping for new patterns!).

No comments:

Post a Comment