Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sew weekend!

Last weekend, I went on a sewing outing. Together with 19 other woman that love to sew, we stayed for two nights in the Wildeman. It was amazing, it was great to meet so many interesting people and be able to sew for about 20 hours in one weekend (and not having to remove my machine from the diner table to have diner). No cooking, no kids, just sewing and talking (and visiting the pop up Cas and Nina fabric store. The weekend was planned about 9 months ago and organized by her. The weekend was such a success that we already picked next year's date!



Some people sewed deep into the night, I did not. I went to bed at 23:00 h because I know that for 20 stitches I sew after 23:00 I will have to remove 15. Still, I managed to sew five garments (of which three tests, so I can not tell you anything about those yet). This skirt was the last item I sewed. I had received half a meter of Riley Blake fabric in a raffle on Saturday night and while wondering what to sew with it, a few suggested a skirt.



I do not often sew skirts, not often at all. I often get second hand skirts so I never had the need to sew one. This piece of fabric seemed to be perfect for a skirt though, so I led my creative juices flow and winged myself fun little skirt. I did not have a pattern, the wifi had gone down, and I did not have much time left, but I am very satisfied with the result. My middle one will be the true owner, but she was to sick to model.


During the weekend we sewed over 80 garments, we could have started a small shop. Our sewing space kind a looked like a sweat shop, we had brought so many machines!

We got a goodie bag filled with discount codes and haberdashery (I had to use a translater for this one, in Dutch we say "fournituren"): Compagnie M, Veritas, Straight Grain, Stof op Zolder, Petite Couture, Laviebbel, Roos en Violet, Babarum, Fairy Tailors, Stofuiltje, De Bonte Boom, Zonen09, Nominette, Fournituren.nl, Stof Renke, Bobby Sewing , Kokette Katinka, Ateljee P, Stoff.be en Cas en Nina

- Other fun stuff and fabric from: De Banier, Den Depot, Van Marieke, Soft Cactus, Modecoupon, Stoffenmie, La Maison Victor, Klijntje, Knipmode, LanaLotta , Finch Fabrics

The picture below was taken by Dominique, my bag was a little bit different. I forgot to take a pic of the content, before I showed my gifts to the kids, they all confiscated some stuff. Davina wrote a detailed post about the content of the goodie bag.


I already had the magazines, so if you are interested in getting them, just leave a comment. If more people are interested, I will come up with a distribution method. 


Forgive me my inelegant pose, I was the one running back for the timer. Thanks girls, for the lovely weekend! In case you are interested who went with us (from top left to right bottom): Stephanie, Aukje, Gabriela, Katrien, Sabrina, Isabel, Elke, Sofie, Hanne, Katrien, Rebecca, Marie-Paule, Dominique, Joyce, Davina, Caroline, Griet and Lindsey.

18 comments:

  1. Heerlijk, zo'n weekend!!
    En zo'n tof rokske met die cowboys!
    Ik ben wel geïnteresseerd in de Knippies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stofje in rokje is perfecte combi schattig en stoer.

      Delete
  2. Dat rokje is echt een voltreffer geworden! Blij dat je erbij was, Miranda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you! Ik genoot er ook van en tel al af tot volgend jaar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuk rokje! En super, zo'n weekend. Ik weet niet of ik dat nou aan zou durven hihi.

    Ik zou wel eens wat willen naaien uit de LMV, dus ik hou me aanbevolen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er waren er meer die van te voren wat zenuwachtig waren, maar de sfeer was zo super dat die twijfels bij iedereen snel verdwenen waren volgens mij!

      Delete
  5. Wat een leuk weekend! en ZOVEEL mooie stuks genaaid!! Goed gedaan dames! ;)
    Super leuk rokje ook trouwens, tof stofje! Daar zie ik ook nog wel een hemdje in voor de zoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wat ziet dat er leuk uit! Ik zou ook wel een naaiweekend willen (droomt even weg....). Ik kom er nu minder aan toe dan ik wel zou willen. Als je de tijdschriften kwijt wilt, ik zou wel een knippie willen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. En ik die altijd dacht dat ik toch het best kan naaien zonder getetter en gedoe rondom me.... Ik word zowaar jaloers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lijkt me super zo'n naaiweekend met gelijkgestemde zielen! Mooi rokje!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dat klinkt alsof het beregezellig was! Die LMV heb ik nog niet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zalig zeg, zo'n weekend. EN zoveel gemaakt, extra tp!

    ReplyDelete